Friday, June 03, 2005

Choosing a Survival Weapon

I can't help wonder how close the "end" of "America as we know it" is. I love my country. I love its culture. I like many aspects of our society. I know we're in trouble. I believe we can get out of it and improve our standing in the world community. I also know that things could easily go very bad too. I doubt we'll see an apocalypse, but I wouldn't be surprised about a national-level break-down of order and social foundations. I'd like to be prepared. One either is or isn't... and I'd like to be ready. In addition to preparing myself mentally and physically I know I need to have the right supplies and weapons to protect those I love. Here are some articles about selecting a weapon useful for "survival" situations.

Article from survival-center.com
The weapon debate is as old as guns themselves. The question of what caliber is best for a battle weapon will go on for years... Here is what I recommend for weapons in the survival camp. (continues...)

Article from Alpine Survival
GUNS TO GRAB for hunting, survival, and protection. (continues...)

Article by Michael Worley
How many of us have really evaluated the weapons that we have put aside for Survival usage? I recently looked at my personal weapons choice and several lights came on, the weapons that would probably get the most usage were those that were getting the least amount of attention. (continues...)

Article from OutdoorLife.com
When I think about survival guns for outdoorsmen, I think of three scenarios—the first involves using the firearm as an audible signaling device. The second involves providing meat to stay alive. And the third involves self-defense. (continues...)

Article from Equipped to Survive
A firearm can be useful, but it generally isn't all that important in the lower 48. However, in some areas a gun is a good idea for protection and it is required equipment when flying in Alaska and remote areas of Canada. (continues...)

Article from Best of Survival Talk
Picking the best gun or guns for a survival situation is a recurring topic or Survival Talk. The thread below is one of the most-detailed threads to date on this topic. (continues...)

Article about buying a gun
So, you're thinking of buying a gun... It's not a bad idea, but before you make that move, you should learn as much as you can about guns so you can make an informed choice. (continues...)

No comments: