Sunday, January 27, 2008

AR-15 Mags

I gotta start buying more mags soon and I was initially dead-set on the PMAG's from MagPul,
but then I heard about stainless steel mags and problems MagPul was having with some of their mags produced before 7/07. MagPul is offering free replacements for folks who have problems with their mags - nice, but that should have been picked up on in the earlier stages of development in my opinion.

Anyhow, the stainless steel mags are produced by C Products and they're selling for about $12.95 with optional spring types, followers, and even a tactical base plate (for an additional $3). I wonder how heavy they are?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I wasn't so psyched about the Magpuls are the large baseplates. I'm concerned that when stacked together, they take up a lot of space. Geesh, if it's not one thing it's another.

Anonymous said...

Also, they PMAG's are not compatible with some non-AR-15 type platforms, ie; FN FS2000.

Anonymous said...

Great point.

Even though I won't probably ever get a FS2000, there's always a chance.
:-)

I'm itching to get a bullpup, but I haven't found something that is compact, good ergonomics, takes standard AR mags and is reliable.

Anonymous said...

I purchased some of the C-mag's and I've had a lot of double feeds on the second to last round.