Monday, February 04, 2008

Glock 30SF

Figures. I have a Glock 30 that I picked up a couple of months ago. I love it. It's compact, .45 ACP, and the handgun I'm going to get licensed to carry first.

Then I noticed that TopGlock.com has begun to take pre-orders for a new SF model, but with some significant differences. I haven't found official information on the new SF model on Glock's website. Apparently there's no ambi-mag relase (that's a shame) and no Picatinny rail (no surprise).

I'm going to have to check one of these out now as well. I won't part with my Glock 30. I put a lot of thought into buying a weapon and I don't believe in selling them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a simple fact that if you have a single gun, it will get lonely. It must have at least one companion, just as Adam needed Eve.

But then, when you get two guns together, particularly if they are Glocks, they begin to multiply.

Ah, the wonders of creation.

(By the way, I thought my Glock 27 was safe and secure until my wife started handling it lovingly all day today. Now, I've got to get her one of her own - probably a 26 - or she will steal mine.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you know... I've heard so many people saying that. And I never though it would be true.

I mean, the Glock is a fantastic weapon - one of many to choose from. But I figured, with it's legendary durability, simplicity, and reliability, all I'd need was one, may be two.

And now I have a 17, 19, 27, and a 30. What will be next and where will it end? A 30SF, a 26? Who knows?