Saturday, May 12, 2007

Kahr PM9 Peened Barrel


After I bought my PM9 last summer, I've had feelings of dread every single time I think about it. I first noticed a problem with the pistol at the range while I was trying to field strip it. Then it would fail to return to battery after a shot. I'm not a very experienced gunner so I didn't realize that the barrel was getting peened after about 30 rounds. I ended the session at about 200 rounds and realized that I need to get this problem fixed.

I've finally done some searching and have realized that I'm not the only one with the same problem. A simple Google search "kahr pm9 peened barrel" yielded a number of valid forum posts addressing the same problem. Thankfully it sounds like Kahr is quick to fix the problems.

I love this gun and desperately want it back in the game. At least I'm not betting my life on it just yet.

No comments: