Sunday, October 22, 2006

Lookin for a house-hold scattergun


So, what to get? I'd like to spend less than $800 for...
  • 12 ga
  • slide action
  • short pull
  • low recoiling
  • weapon-light accepting
  • non-beaded combat sights
  • 18" barrel

With plenty of manufacturers to consider...
I'd love to get a Vang Comp custom, but I think that'd push me over the price limit I was set on.

I gotta say that a lot of tactical options look great, but I'm not SWAT and I need something that my wife can use too. I am hopeful that she can handle a 12 ga, but realize that I might have to consider a 20 ga down the line if she doesn't like the recoil of the larger guage.

So far, I like the Remington 870 Tactical with the SpecOps collapsible stock and the Mossberg 590A1 with ghost ring sights.

I don't believe in "clearning the house"... I just want something for holding out in the bedroom until the cops can come check things out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

590a1 all the way. Rem is just not ergonomically sound - Tactically speaking.